Monday, April 18, 2011

A week of painting and writing

Well, finals week has begun!  I've already taken two of my tests and I take another one today at 2:30.  I still need to study for it, I'm nervous about it!

I did not get into the BFA this time around, but they encouraged me to apply again in August.  I hope that means I'm pretty much guaranteed a spot, but I know if I make effort to improve I'm sure to get in, right?  I'm meeting with one of the teachers about it today, the other two I'll try to meet with when spring term starts, maybe next week.

I spent all day yesterday and part of today writing in my novel.  It still needs an  official title.  Right now the working title is The Story of Chookery-chun, the Cursed Wizard.  Although, I'm not sure if Chookery is a wizard or a sorcerer.  I need to figure out the difference and then figure out which he is.  It's fun to write again!  I feel like I've been starved for a long time and have finally been granted access to an all-you-can-eat buffet!  I've written 63 pages so far in manuscript format (in about a month's worth of time, it's been very spread out), which is more than half the length of the story I worked on in high school for roughly two years but never finished.  I am so excited!  I want to get it all written and try to get it published by the time I graduate.  That would be fantastic!  Maybe I can get it written by the end of the summer?  I don't know.  Written, maybe, but probably not finished.  It will need editing, a lot of it.

And the rest of the time this week I will spend painting!  All of my illustration projects are due by nine in the morning on Thursday.  Then my family and I are going to have lots of fun doing stuff in the local area. It's going to be great.

Anyways, I should go study!

-Odd out

No comments:

Post a Comment