Monday, March 26, 2012

My Trip to LA - Day 6

Saturday March 10
Well, as fantastic as the week was, it had to come to an end.

Saturday morning came and we ended the trip on a very positive and spiritual note.  We went to see the Los Angeles Temple for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  (That is the church I belong to, just in case you didn't know.)  We didn't have time to go do anything in the temple.  We just wandered around the grounds and checked out the visitor's center there.  The sister missionaries were delightful and everyone left with a good, happy feeling.  It's a beautiful building.  I suggest you go see it sometime!



After the temple the rest of the group went to the Getty Museum, but since we had a long drive ahead of us we just hit the road.  We stopped in Victorville to eat at Freddy's, a fantastic California-style fast food restaurant with frozen custard that is to die for!  It's a chain that is close to my heart, since the very first one opened up within about a mile of my house in Wichita, KS, where I used to live.  I've missed that restaurant so much!  Getting a chance to eat there again was a real treat.

Then the long boring drive continued, but before we managed to leave California we saw a car that was on fire.  Epically on fire!  The only thing not blazing was the trunk.  The front wheels were completely missing the tires because the tires had burned all away.  Sadly, I didn't get a picture of that, I was talking on the phone with my mom at the time so my hands were occupied.  I should have taken a picture.  I did snap a few pictures of Las Vegas, NV, when we passed through.  Vegas is definitely more impressive when viewed at night.  There was one structure that caught my interest, does anyone know what it is?  I'd really like to know.  Here's a picture of it.


After that we listened to music and talked the rest of the way home, arriving about midnight.  Thus ended my epic trip to Los Angeles.  I'm sure I'll visit again sometime!

So, overall, it was a very good trip.  I learned a lot, got to meet some cool artists, got lots of good tips about art and networking, and got a refreshing break from school work.  Now I'm all ready and hyped to start really trying to produce art!  We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment