Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Something exciting came in my mail!

I've been saving up money, and I finally had enough!  I ordered the box set for the Fullmetal Alchemist manga, and it's here!!!  It's so beautiful!

Front of the box.

Back of the box.

That's my cat Waltz behind the box.  Look at all those books!

All the pretty covers!  There's 27 volumes, one extra novel (written all in words), and a double-sided poster inside.

And you know what else is awesome?  There's a slot in my funny-shelfed Ikea bookcase that the box fits in perfectly.

I can't wait to read the whole series again.  I love Fullmetal Alchemist oh so much.  It has fantastic characters, good depth, strong story, and it ends right.  The main bad guy ends up a little too powerful in the end in my personal opinion, but the author compensated for that enough and it wasn't so over the top that I'm willing to let it slide.  It's not a kid story, I wouldn't advise reading it until you're at least 16, but it's worth waiting for.  VERY worth it.  I will treasure this series forever and look forward to owning all the anime that goes with it whenever that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment