Sunday, July 14, 2013

Despicable Me 2 Review

I had the great fun of going to see Despicable Me 2 on the 4th of July.  It was fantastic.

The humor wasn't the same as the first one, but still very good, and there's much more minion madness and shenanigans.  It deals with different issues than the first one, so it's not the same, and that's good.  All of the characters get to be more developed.  The girls are well on their way to being awesome and cool, especially Edith.  I now want a story about Edith as a teenager.  She would rock so hard.

Illumination Entertainment stepped up their game on this movie.  The quality and detail of the computer graphics along with the compositions in some of the shots impressed me with their epic-ness.  Also, the water was mind-blowing.  Beautiful.

Granted, there are things I would have done different and jokes I didn't find funny and stuff I found pointless about the movie, but those things are more than made up for by the rest of the movie.  After all, no movies is perfect.

This is another sequel that is at least as good as the first one.  It's definitely worth a watch!  I give it four out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment